Duration & PRICES Varies
Laughter Yoga is a simple yet powerful form of exercise. It combines yoga-based deep breathing, gentle stretching, simulated laughter exercises and playful games and activities. Using no jokes or comedy, a class involves movement and breathing exercises designed to stimulate laughter and cultivate an inner spirit of joy.
Laughter Yoga was created by Dr. Madan Kataria, a family physician in India who, after researching the profound physiological and psychological benefits of laughter, wanted to find an alternative way of treating his patients; many of whom were suffering from illness related to stress. What started with five people in a Mumbai park in 1995 now has thousands of people practicing all over the world.
BENEFITS OF LAUGHTERIn addition to feeling great during and after a good laugh, there are plenty of recent scientific studies that show that the old cliché “laughter is the best medicine” rings true. Laughter helps all systems of the body - the respiratory system, the circulatory and nervous systems, and the endocrine and immune systems.
Laughter can benefit us by:
* Boosting the immune system
* Relieving emotional and mental stress
* Relieving tension in muscles
* Helping with managing pain
* Providing aerobic exercise for the whole body and building core strength
* Improving breathing
* Stimulating digestion and internal organs
* Oxygenating blood and brain making one feel alert and energetic
* Improving productivity, creativity and improves communication inspiring optimism and hope, and the list goes on!
The perfect little escape in the heart of Westport. Lisa and Nicole are two of the most genuine people around and really care and take an interest in every single person that walks through their door. No matter the ailment or issue they can help through their services such as reiki or meditation, their huge range of products (many of which are made to order) and just their warm and empathetic manner. Would highly recommend!
Powered by AZEXO Shopify page builder